Big Data Engineer (Engineer)
Posted Mar 18
Reading, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Big Data Engineer (Engineer)
Preferred location HQ, Reading
Oracle is seeking experienced big data developers to work on the next generation of cloud-based data-driven applications. These applications will use data from Oracle's Data Cloud, social media and other sources to drive automated outcomes in a number of horizontal and vertical application segments. This is an exciting emerging venture for Oracle, leveraging latest technology in the mobile, big data and cloud application spaces.
Considering that this is an emerging venture within Oracle, successful candidates for the Big Data Engineer (Engineer) role should be able to:
- Develop highly scalable solutions using new technologies in big data, data mining and mobile delivery
- Build solutions using agile development techniques
- Appreciate and understand the cloud delivery model and how that affects application solutions - both delivery and deployment
- Solve problems in robust and creative ways and demonstrate solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Work in an environment with a significant number of unknowns - both technically and functionally. Inherent in such a new venture.
- Collaborate across a number of development teams as we leverage technology and solutions from them to deliver our applications
- Work globally in a geographically dispersed team
- Work alongside a team of data scientists to aid data mining, algorithm development, data visualization, and data cleansing/transformation
Technically we are seeking brilliant individuals with strong engineering background and proven track of records to take feature/design through the entire software lifecycle to release of robust, high quality, production code
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 5 years of software engineering or related experience.
- 3 years' experience with relational databases and/or NoSQL database technology and Big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Kafka
- Experience with REST WebServices
- Exposure to data science a plus
This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and work on a new exciting venture within Oracle and within a really talented, global engineering community.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements for the Big Data Engineer (Engineer) role
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
To apply for the Big Data Engineer (Engineer) role please click 'Apply now'.
Employment Type: Permanent
Other Pay Info: Competitive
Post a Job